Page 1 of 4
The club was founded in 1922 thanks to the dedicated work of the founders and the generosity of the McNear family who gifted 80 acres for the golf course and clubhouse on May’s Hill. The clubhouse, designed by Brainerd Jones, a noted local architect was completed in 1924. In 1943, a plan to improve play led to the sale of 33 acres and the construction of three new holes in 1944. Numerous improvements have been made to the club since including expansion of the clubhouse, a swimming pool and a second parking lot.